Re: [dev] JFS filesystem

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 15:02:11 +0200

niedz., 21 kwi 2019 o 14:44 Alexander Huemer <alexander.huemer_AT_xx.vu>
napisał(a):

> I have used JFS on Linux for several years, the experience was not
> positive. Under conditions like 'disk full' or 'power failure' it tends
> to corrupt data. I have also worked with JFS on AIX, over there the same
> issues do not seem to exist. Be cautious to use it for anything serious
> on Linux.

Yes, but there are similar problems with XFS, which keeps a lot of
data cache (mem). If you have a power failure, it simply can lose data
(whether JFS or XFS). On the production server, I would simply use ZFS
for data regardless of what filesystem would be as /.

Daniel