Re: [dev] Pandoc replacement that sucks less

From: Lukáš Hozda <luk.hozda_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:03:14 +0200

Howdy,

for documents,

I am currently using troff + mupdf + a small program to watch file
changes. Whenever I spot a change of my source file, I rebuild the PDF
from the troff and send SIGHUP to mupdf, which will reload the
document. It is reasonably lightweight and it does meet your
requirements - files in git, any editor (that supports troff), and
worrying about styling later.

Admittedly, there are likely tons of better solutions, for example
embedding images in troff seems to be a nightmare to my limited
knowledge. But my workflow may serve as some inspiration.

Regards,
Lukáš