Re: [dev] Pandoc replacement that sucks less

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:53:10 +0200

Troff seems to be one of the better options. Luke Smith has some tutorials on using troff and groff
here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-p5XmQHB_JRe2YeaMjPTKXSc5FqJZ_km

For live previewing I suggest zathura instead of mupdf, since zathura automatically refreshes
when it detects changes to the PDF file.

Lukáa, do you mind sharing what you use to watch for changes? Is it entr?

With regards,
Przemek

On 29/04/19 02:03, Lukáa Hozda wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> for documents,
>
> I am currently using troff + mupdf + a small program to watch file
> changes. Whenever I spot a change of my source file, I rebuild the PDF
> from the troff and send SIGHUP to mupdf, which will reload the
> document. It is reasonably lightweight and it does meet your
> requirements - files in git, any editor (that supports troff), and
> worrying about styling later.
>
> Admittedly, there are likely tons of better solutions, for example
> embedding images in troff seems to be a nightmare to my limited
> knowledge. But my workflow may serve as some inspiration.
>
> Regards,
> Lukáa

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting