Re: [dev] [sbase] [ed] A couple of notes

From: Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:59:12 -0700

On 2020-03-17, Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org> wrote:
> Where is the patch?

I know it's contrary to the opinion of a lot of people here, but
personally, I have no issue with bug reports without a patch.
Sometimes people just don't have the time to investigate the issue and
come up with a fix. It could even be that the fix involves more
complex restructuring of the rest of the code.

If the choice is between no patch, or no bug report at all, I would
definitely prefer no patch. I'd like to at least be aware of places
where sbase is non-conforming or buggy. I myself created
https://todo.sr.ht/~mcf/sbase a while ago so I could keep track of
issues that I found and have not gotten around to fixing.

Of course supplying a patch should be highly encouraged, and if there
is no patch the issue might not get fixed quickly, or at all,
depending on its severity.