[dev] [smu] Updated smu ready for suckless.org?

From: Karl Bartel <karl_AT_karl.berlin>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 07:57:01 +0200

Hi everyone!

I tried to get the task "Improve the Markdown parser used by the
suckless wiki called 'smu' to conform more to Markdown" from
https://suckless.org/project_ideas/ done. You can find a summary of
the differences introduced by me in the README. It's mostly "code
fences and better CommonMark compatibility".

The code is at https://github.com/karlb/smu and rendered versions of
the suckless wiki can be found at
http://static.karl.berlin/smu-preview/ . One case where my version
already yields a visible improvement with the current markup are some
code blocks:
Before: https://dwm.suckless.org/patches/moveresize/index.html
After: http://static.karl.berlin/smu-preview/dwm.suckless.org/patches/moveresize/

I've looked through a bunch of pages and the results look good to me,
although there are some cases where the improved CommonMark
compatibility causes minor problems. One such case can be seen in the
example above, where an unintended paragraph is inserted between
"dwm.c" and "after" because the list indentation is wrong (the second
line should have three spaces):

1. Put the following `moveresize()` function somewhere in your `dwm.c`,
  **after** the line which includes the config.h file:

I'd like to move this forward and get the task checked off the project
ideas page. Let me know what should be the next step.

Karl

PS: If anyone has specific markup snippets they want to work
differently, let me know, even if it's unrelated to the suckless wiki!