Re: [dev] [st] with GPU acceleration?

From: Xander Xylona <sashasylona_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 20:19:43 -0400

On 20/05/26 12:18AM, zsugabubus wrote:
> So I thought about, what if st would got GPU acceleration. I’m just
> really playing with the thought. I’m even not sure if it fits in the
> concept of ‘simple’. Would you find it useful? Have you ever experienced
> st a bit laggy?

This probably would be difficult to work in with st, since Xlib is pretty set in its ways vis-a-vis the backend & that's where I imagine the GPU slowdown is coming from. However, I do think it could be an interesting project to kind of de-create CUDA; a sort of OpenCL/Vulkan based funtion delegator. Probably wouldn't work with Suckless though.