Re: [dev] tcvt: very useful for seeing more at once

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:24:35 +0200

On 21/10/14 12:28, Greg Reagle wrote:
> Useful, but a lot of wasted screen space on my monitor:
> man dwm

If MANWIDTH is unset (default), man page will take all of the available width of
the terminal, unless:

- COLUMNS is also somehow unset (it is set by most sane shells by default), or
- ioctl(2) is somehow nonfunctional, or
- you are not using a tilling wm, or
- you are using a floating terminal, in which case switching it back to full
  screen should use up more of the screen space.

I have no idea what tcvt is or does. Since you haven't provided any details on
that program(?)/script(?), I can only guess.