Re: [dev] Build system: redo

From: Georg Lehner <jorge_AT_at.anteris.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 00:10:49 +0200

Just a heads up,

I tampered around with redo-c. Find it at
https://github.com/jorge-leon/redo-c

It:

- Captures stdout of do files in the target file.

- Does not create an empty target if $3 is empty. This allows for
"phony" targets and protects against silly mistakes.

- Truncates targets explicitly if needed,

- Creates the temporary output file $3 with the same permissions of an
existing target, or with 0644 - subject to the umask.

- Searches for |target.do| before |default.do| - also in parent directories.

- Is modified for compilation with dietlibc (you might want to revert this).

- Uses the shorter and faster SipHash-2-4-64 instead of sha256.

- Has dependency cycle detection.

- Writes its redo database into a per-directory .redo subdirectory.

Caution: I'm not (yet) proud of it and it has rough edges.

Best Regards,

   Georg