Re: [dev] libsecret implementation

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:04:16 +0200

On 23/10/10 10:33AM, Marko Bauhardt wrote:
> Hi,
> i have to use a program at work which requires libsecret - Secret
> Service D-Bus client library.
> Right now I'm using the gnome keyring implementation.
> I would like to get rid of this implementation and use a more simpler
> one, in other words without gnome/kde deps.

It all depends on the degree of your agency over the choice of software and
over the software itself. If it's a program you wrote, then consider switching
away from D-Bus to interfacing with a simpler/better/more traditional solution,
like pass or factotum[1]. If it's not, and you don't have a say in the matter,
then there's obviously nothing you can do about it, no?

[1]: https://9fans.github.io/plan9port/man/man4/factotum.html