Re: [dev] libsecret implementation

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:15:46 +0200

On 23/10/10 01:04PM, Страхиња Радић wrote:
> It all depends on the degree of your agency over the choice of software and
> over the software itself. If it's a program you wrote, then consider switching
> away from D-Bus to interfacing with a simpler/better/more traditional solution,
> like pass or factotum[1]. If it's not, and you don't have a say in the matter,
> then there's obviously nothing you can do about it, no?
> [1]: https://9fans.github.io/plan9port/man/man4/factotum.html

That said, a simple web search (LMGTFY...) for "libsecret implementation"
reveals one such implementation[1] among the first results. Whether it is
"endorsed" by suckless movement is another matter. As a suckless _fan_, I'd say
D-Bus is bloat in itself and should be avoided if possible, just like related
bloatware such as systemd.

[1]: https://github.com/grawity/secretsd