[dev] what is a suckless way to add a few keyboard shortcuts to Firefox

From: Greg Reagle <list_AT_speedpost.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 13:43:49 -0500

Greetings fellow software minimalists. I know that Firefox is quite large, but I really like it. I've been using it forever (figuratively speaking). I would really love to add a few keyboard shortcuts to make it compatible with one of my beloved programs: less(1). Of course the keys for less and vi are similar.

I know about extensions for Firefox and even entire browsers that try to give a vi-like UI. However, they are way too much for me. They disrupt my workflow by changing Firefox too much. They overdo it. I don't want to do anything but *add* a few keyboard shortcuts. What is the least sucky way to do so? Here a few example keys. Note that they are for viewing/scrolling, not when typing/entering text:

New key Current key
g Home
G End
f Page Down