Re: [dev] what is a suckless way to add a few keyboard shortcuts to Firefox

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:14:29 +0100

On 24/01/05 04:14AM, stefan11111 wrote:
> Maybe even remove my desktop all together at that point. :)

Root window + st, with a terminal multiplexer is all that is needed. Desktop
icons are just eye candy, and inefficient when moving a mouse to a specific
place on the screen and double-clicking without moving the mouse is compared to
much faster and accurate pressing a shortcut key spawning a dmenu_run, followed
by typing a few distinctive characters and pressing Enter.

> Sadly, I still need to browse the web because there's a lot of useful
> information out there on the web. Thankfully, noscript and ublock origin filter
> most of the bloat.
>
> There is librewolf which comes with privacy features by default.
> There is palemoon which is forked from old Firefox, and is both lightweight
> and more privacy -focused than Firefox.
>
> Chromium is far too bloated for me to seriously think of using it. It takes
> more than twice as long as Firefox to compile and has extra dependencies and
> is, well, chromium, maintained by Google.

About this, there is a (still kicking as of now) website offering a thorough
analysis: DigDeeper, as well as some other websites.

- uBlock Origin vs uMatrix:
        https://digdeeper.club/articles/addons.xhtml#adblockers

- NoScript vs uMatrix:
        https://digdeeper.club/articles/addons.xhtml#noscript

- Librewolf telemetry:
        https://sizeof.cat/post/web-browser-telemetry/#librewolf
  vs Ungoogled Chromium telemetry:
        https://sizeof.cat/post/web-browser-telemetry/#ungoogled-chromium

- Palemoon:
        https://digdeeper.club/articles/browsers.xhtml#palemoon

- Mozilla Inc has its own dedicated article:
        https://digdeeper.club/articles/mozilla.xhtml