Re: [dev] [st] question about keyboard shortcuts

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2024 11:44:17 -0700

On Tue, Jul 09, 2024 at 04:54:38PM +0300, Feodor wrote:
> > Tangentially, if you're asking for help configuring something, sharing
> > the configuration you have that doesn't work is the bare minimum you
> > should do. That information isn't something people trying to help you
> > should have to fish for.
>
> I use st and screen in my CRUX distro.

That's not what I meant. I was referring to the fact that you didn't
post your screen configuration file until I asked for it.

> What I didn't yet configured is "escape" keyboard combination in
> screen. I need to make CTRL+Tab to be escape combination in screen. So
> that should be escape ^something 'escape ^Bb' makes it to be CTRL+b as
> escape combination, and it works. But I need to make it CTRL+Tab.

Per the screen manual documenting "escape", that's not even possible:
"Each argument is either a single character, a two-character sequence
[...]." You would have to map Ctrl+Tab to a single, standard control
character instead of a multi-character sequence.

Eric