Re: [dwm] experimental layout patch

From: Julian Romero <julian.romero+dwm_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:27:20 +0200

> One (big) issue: when zooming, the zoom changes only between the
> "bottom" and "main" window. Anyways, for me the layout isn't usable
> because on a 1024x768 Desktop the main window is much too small. Also
> the default layout is much more predictable.
For me, with a 1024x768 desktop, the right column is always very
narrow. With this new layout, when I have 2 client windows, the second
one is more usable. With more than 2 I use the zoom...which you report
as broken. I'll look to fix it.

All this layout stuff is of course a matter of taste. It should be
possible to have several layouts and have the possibility to stick a
specific one for a certain tag and also to change it on-the-fly with a
 key shortcut.

> > I've added two shorcuts to make bigger or smaller the master window
> > (Mod-b and Mod-n)
> Wouldn't it be cooler to have this shortcuts for the original layout?

Quite easy indeed. Apply this patches
http://hg.mad.mw/dwm-jr?fd=99c62c012fa5;file=client.c
http://hg.mad.mw/dwm-jr?fd=99c62c012fa5;file=h-gen.sh

(You'll need to apply the second patch by-hand because I have the key
bindings in a different file. Be aware that Next and Prev tag
shortcuts are included also)

It should work with any layout.

saludos,
--jr