Re: [dwm] experimental layout patch

From: Steffen Liebergeld <stepardo_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:16:29 +0200

On 7/23/06, Julian Romero <julian.romero+dwm_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've patched dwm to have the client layout (tile mode) I wanted to have.
> The new layout is like this:
> (require monospaced font, see my wiki below in case gmail breaks my ascii art)
>
> |-- MASTERW --|
>
> - +-------------+-------+
> | | | |
> | | |
> M | | |
> A | | |
> S | | |
> T | M A S T E R | |
> E | | |
> R | | |
> H | +-------+
> | | |
> | | | |
> - +-------------+ |
> |.............| |
> |.............| |
> |.............| |
> |.............| |
> +-------------+-------+

One (big) issue: when zooming, the zoom changes only between the
"bottom" and "main" window. Anyways, for me the layout isn't usable
because on a 1024x768 Desktop the main window is much too small. Also
the default layout is much more predictable.

> I've added two shorcuts to make bigger or smaller the master window
> (Mod-b and Mod-n)

Wouldn't it be cooler to have this shortcuts for the original layout?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen
                  Steffen Liebergeld