[dwm] Problem with launching xtrlock from a shortcut.

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:38:57 +0200

Hi,

I have this strange problem when trying to launch xtrlock (a basic
screenlocker app) from a dwm shortcut:

  { MODKEY|ControlMask, XK_l, spawn, { .cmd = "exec xtrlock" } }, \

the problem is that nothing happens (only my xterminal cursor seems to
lose focus for a brief moment). When I launch the same program via dmenu
or from an xterminal, or from grun(1x) it works just fine.

I understand there isn't much technical difference between launching
from dmenu (via exec `whatever selected is via dmenu`) or from a
shortcut as above, so it's a total mystery to me.

I've had this since i started using dwm (around 0.3).

Let me know if you have any advice or know another lightweight
screenlocker (preferably one that leaves the screen visible).

Cheers,

[a]

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |