Re: [dwm] Interesting idea by Gottox

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:33:58 +0100

On 11/30/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> The old behavior can be achieved through untoggling the current
> tag and then toggling another, - at least to me it feels better
> than not getting rid of the last tag if there is no view() at
> all.
The problem I have with this is the changed semantics. Instead of just
"toggle this tag for viewing/not viewing", toggletag's meaning would
change to "toggle this tag for viewing/not viewing, oh and also apply
that tag to all currently invisible non-tagged windows that the user
(hopefully) kept mental track of in the meanwhile". Toggling all tags
off is one thing (and actually not bad), but the handling of windows
that are created in that situation is another, and I think that should
be handled better (although I'm not sure how).

Gr. Sander.