[dwm] dwm/dmenu how to use?

From: Michael Muster <a_AT_mmuster.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:28:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

"Because dwm is customized through editing its source code, it's
pointless to make binary packages of it. This keeps its userbase small
and elitist. No novices asking stupid questions."

Well, here I am,

I use dwm now a couple of weeks, and i really like it.
Now i saw, while browsing through http://dwm.suckless.org/ ,
the tool dmenu. i've read the manual on suckless.org, unfortunately
i haven't managed it to run so far.

So I have two questions:

1. How to start dmenu? (Perhaps there is something what has to
put in config.h?)

2. How to create the menu? man:"(dmenu reads a list of
newline-separated items from standard input and creates a menu)"
How do that work?

It would be nice if you could help me with my existing problems...

Greetings

Michael