Re: [dwm] yet another random ideas

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:06:21 +0100

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 03:59:28PM +0100, y i y u s wrote:
> I would like to be able to choose a diferent dotile in dwm. We could
> have some sort of repository of dotile funcitons (with the
> corresponding functions, like zoom or swap) or include all them with
> #ifdef. Probably some of them will never be used, but it could be good
> to experiment. Sometimes I have tried other algorithms which, once
> tested, sucked; but somebody could find it interesting.
> Perhaps the best solution would be a test dwm version in other hg
> repository...
> Anyway, just my 2 cents.
>
> PS: and personally, I prefer the current behaviour to this new idea,
> but I think I should try it to have a firm opinion.

The current tiled layout has evolved for several years, and it's
very predictable, simple and efficient to use. That's why I
called the idea I presented 'random' - in the end everything is
a matter of taste and being-used-to...

So people, don't get afraid that I'm going to replace dwm with
such functionality without having checked this in a rapid
prototype. Often such ideas behave much worse than expected in
reality ;)

And besides this, I have more important things on my TODO list
already...

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361