Re: [dwm] dwm-2.9

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:01:05 +0100

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 02:27:10PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:16:06PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:04:19PM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > >
> > > are you working on a terminal emulator?
> > >
> > > we've just wrote one recently (well still unfinished), because we
> > > wanted a minimalistic (but linux console compatible) term. (we = me +
> > > 2 friends)
> > >
> > > so if you share some code, maybe i can help (i couldn't found st on
> > > sucless.org)
> > > (our code is crappy right now, because we wrote it less than 24h, but
> > > it works pretty well and thus we got some experience with vt-s)
> >
> > Hey, just send me your code. I'd be very interested in reading
> > yet another implementation. The st code is available at
> > http://suckless.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/st
> >
> > (however as I told, still much work needs to be done, esp. on
> > the vt side). Another interesting lightweight terminal project
> > by Ivo Timmermans (which has been abandoned) is called blurt.
> > I put up a copy here:
> >
> > http://www.suckless.org/download/blurt-0.0.12.tar.gz
>
> Here is another minimal terminal implementation, uuterm by Rich Felker:
>
> http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/uuterm/trunk/

Thanks for this hint, it looks quite interesting, however it is
not an xterm replacements, it's a kernel-fb mapper to a X or
fb window, that's why it does not need to do any VT-related
stuff - it simply reduces itself to fork() and mapping.
Hence it has no mouse support.

Anyways a quite interesting idea.

Regards,

--