Re: [dwm] irssi/mutt in status bar

From: Tener Hades <tener.hades_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:23:52 +0000

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 07:23:02AM +0100, Michael Muster wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How can i achive to have some notification in my status bar displaying
> for example if new messages have arrived in mutt/irssi?
> I've search the list, there was one similar topic, but without any
> fitting solution for my request.
>
> I know i can display my netstate or cpufreq while using the command
> ifconfig and then "sed" the necessary things out, but for this topic
> i have no idea how this could be done.
>
> Naturally i have my browser in the first tag, and irssi/mutt in the
> second.
> So while i'm on the first tag it would be nice to know whats going on
> over there, a small number or something would be enough, so i can
> switch over if something new have arrived.
>
> How do you manage this?
> Or have all of you such bis 23'' Displays that you can display your
> irc on every tag? ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Michael

For mutt, I count the "Message-ID:" headers in my spoolfile ($MAIL).
Thus:
        echo `grep "^Message-ID:" $MAIL | wc -l`

But this is prone to be misleading as not all messages arrive with a
then nothing.

For irssi, I guess you could set up logging and count the lines,
but I don't consider IRC as critical as email. If I need to know,
I usually set irssi with it's own tag and just toggle it on whenever.

[/tener]

--
Xgwdto{ gphaiit pd dfreh_ ufhnj jq om dph]yc}a}o