[dwm] irssi/mutt in status bar

From: Michael Muster <a-chopper_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:23:02 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

How can i achive to have some notification in my status bar displaying
for example if new messages have arrived in mutt/irssi?
I've search the list, there was one similar topic, but without any
fitting solution for my request.

I know i can display my netstate or cpufreq while using the command
ifconfig and then "sed" the necessary things out, but for this topic
i have no idea how this could be done.

Naturally i have my browser in the first tag, and irssi/mutt in the
second.
So while i'm on the first tag it would be nice to know whats going on
over there, a small number or something would be enough, so i can
switch over if something new have arrived.

How do you manage this?
Or have all of you such bis 23'' Displays that you can display your
irc on every tag? ;-)

Regards,
Michael