Re: [dwm] Again client titles and nmaster indicator

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:39:33 +0100

On 1/13/07, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I realize that dwm is feature complete and that I develop some
> kind of love-hate relationship to client titlebars.
>
> Hence I plan to replace the client titlebars with a
> new color tuple instead:
>
> BORDERBGCOLOR (border of unfocused window)
> BORDERFGCOLOR (border of focused window)

If somebody would've told me I was going to suggest this half a year
ago I wouldn't have believed it, but I actually think now that it
might be a good idea to split out the colors even further with:

MODE{BG,FG}COLOR (for the modelabel)
TITLE{BG,FG}COLOR (for the selected client's title label)

It adds only two more tuples, and it makes sure that the user can
color semantically different things in ways that appears best to him
(the fact that the modelabel uses the same colors as the (unrelated)
statuslabel has been bothering me a bit ever since it exists to be
honest).

Greetings, Sander.