Re: [dwm] Again client titles and nmaster indicator

From: Matthias Diener <dwm_AT_macarony.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:00:36 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 02:36:59PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> BORDERBGCOLOR (border of unfocused window)
> BORDERFGCOLOR (border of focused window)
>
> I know that there are several people who definately like the
> client title windows, but I tried to live without them several
> times, and noticed what I really miss is more a really obvious
> focus indicator (which can be achieved with a very shiny border
> color for focused windows).

For my purpose it works well with hg tip, I do not miss the title ..
I think this will be a neverending story.

> Also after using the new nmaster %u indicator in the TILESYMBOL
> I conclude it's useless and ugly. I'm going to remove it as well.

I even don't miss the %u indicator at all and I seldom look at the
TILE/FLOAT indicator, because I use the tiled mode most of the time and
float a single client, if it is needed.
To indicate the status of a floating window I use an if/else construct
to change the border color. ARG gives me the hint to use the tenary
operator, but wouldn't use it in the official trunk.
So I'd like to share this little idea/patch .. perhaps anyone else might
find it useful.
The patch is based on hg tip (691 at the moment)

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Diener # +49 171-5352704 # ICQ: 29548146 # MSN: msn_AT_macarony.de
http://macarony.de/md.asc A58D CB56 DFCE BD8C 8D1C  0FA7 B219 ED19 C3BF 6E05