[dwm] colors (re: Again client titles and nmaster indicator)

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:43:51 +0100

> BORDER{BG,FG}COLOR
> SELTAG{BG,FG}COLOR
> NORMTAG{BG,FG}COLOR
> MODE{BG,FG}COLOR
> TITLE{BG,FG}COLOR
> STATUS{BG,FG}COLOR
> DMENU{BG,FG}COLOR
>
> That are 14 colors! Too much in my eyes for a small status bar.
>
> Instead of your proposal I propose the following, which is a
> simplification of current colorscheme:
>
> [UN]FOCUSCOLOR -> used for focused/unfocused borders
> NORM{BG,FG}COLOR -> used for bar bg, unselected tags, mode,
> status [and dmenu normal stuff]
> SEL{BG,FG}COLOR -> used for selected tags, title [and dmenu normal stuff]
>
> That are 6 colors!

They are just some defines, I think in main dwm it could have the
fourteen colors (or so many as it is neccesary) and you could allways
do:
#define STATUSBGCOLOR SELBGCOLOR
for example. I know this goes against the less lines of code
philosophy, but these lines of code: 1. don't add any bit to the
compiled dwm, as they are just constants. 2. it doesn't add complexity
to the code (I think it makes it a bit clearer).
It is just a suggestion, I thought it would be the most diplomatic
solution, but I don't really matter (you shouldn't even spend your
time answering this email...). FYI I'm using the same number of colors
than Anselm, except I have one more for mode and status fg.

--
- yiyus || JGL .