Re: [dwm] bundle section in wiki

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:30:31 +0100

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 03:31:32PM +0100, Julian Romero wrote:
> But the reality is that every other week I am patching the vanilla sources
> with a non-fixed combination of patches (bstack, grid, warp...etc.)
> When we apply more than one patch is very easy to find a rejection that
> should be fixed manually. The more the patches applied, the more the
> rejections, the more complex get to fix it.
>
> Then, what about sharing bundles (mercurial bundles) with applied and
> working patches? Everyone can then get the bundle and run the corresponding
> unbundle against a clean copy of dwm. With a lot of time saving.
>
> Anyone has an opinion? arg, it's the wiki the place for these files?

I thought about providing a patches repository for such
purposes. But it's not doable, because the number of people
doing patches diversifies. And I cannot grand anonymous access
to such a repository.

That's why I appreciate announcing those patches in the wiki,
but providing the code from your own domains...

> As a side efect people will find less resistance trying
> feature cocktails and then reporting their feedback to the
> list.

Well I've no problem when people discuss their patches on this
list. But I doubt it's a good idea to apply different patches to
vanilla dwm - or if you do so, provide thise combination as a
separate patch...

Regards,