Re: [dwm] Basic dwm usage question

From: James Turner <james_AT_bsdgroup.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 17:36:44 -0400

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:28:52PM +0200, Anydot wrote:
> On (06/06/07 17:03), James Turner wrote:
> > As you can see I have the echo command sleep for 60 seconds. I was
> > using 1 second, but found my load nearly doubles. My problem is when I
> > run Alt + Shift + q to quit dwm I find X hangs for awhile before
> > existing. I assume it hangs for as long as the time is left for the
> > sleep command, depending where it is when i quit dwm. I was wondering
> > if there is away to kill sleep as soon as I quit dwm? Thanks for the
> > help as I imagine it's not dwm specific.
>
> You can look on snippet of my ~/.Xsession file:
> http://na.srck.net/dwm/Xsession-snippet
>
> it updates date&time every second, but load and disk&cpu temperature
> only each 15 seconds.
> Also there is outer BIG loop so I am able to "reload" dwm (via dwm
> quit). To end the session I can use c-a-backspace (-> Xserver quits and
> all the program it was running too).
>
> --
> Premysl "Anydot" Hruby >> http://na.srck.net <<

Thanks for everyone hints. I'd rather not have to run c-a-backspace
(which I do now). I'd prefer dwm to quit and the xsession to terminate
normally. I did find this posting:
http://www.suckless.org/pipermail/dwm/2006-July/000019.html and am
following it now. I believe it to be the answer to my problem.

--
James Turner
BSD Group Consulting