Re: [dwm] Tell that your students...

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:41:30 +0100

Good morning.

Am Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:57:02 +0100
schrieb "Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org>:

> Having said that, I think a new OS might also depend on
> completely new devices. Imagine that screens get replaced by
> headsets + eyeglasses sets or in cars with showing the UI up in
> the windscreen. Think of something like a mind-controlling
> input device for a user interface - and hence the impacts to
> the OS design with such things in mind...
>
> So a new OS should include some sci-fi ideas.

Unix like userlands were able and are able to adapt to new technologies.
The OS which is most effective in using the current hardware, has a good
PR, is most userfriendly at the same time and is not restricted by any
political walls in spreading, will survive. In that list is not mention-
ed a perfectly new academic ivory construct.

Sincerely,

Christoph