Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm - dynamic virtual terminal manager - aka dwm for the console

From: Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:02:12 +0100

On Dec 8, 2007 7:54 PM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 02:52:23PM +0100, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> > On Dec 8, 2007 2:38 PM, Enno Gottox Boland <gottox_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I like the idea, but librote lacks terminal resizing. There's no
> > > proper library for terminal emulation now. I think we should start a
> > > project to implement vt100 in a library in a suckless way. What do you
> > > think about this idea?
> >
> > Good idea. Could be definitely worthwile. Something like libvt with
> > dtach/screen capabilities?
> >
> > Anselm, would st include any such code which could/should
> > be shared? Just curious as I don't know much about unix
> > terminal emulation other than that it is pretty outdated
> > compared to what Plan9 has :)
>
> libvt might be an idea. st definately might use it. However, st

I was not suggesting to depend on libvt as it could impose
too much of an external dependency. I meant we could/should
write a vt lib or share vt code.

> is planned to replace screen/dtach, a terminal should be a
> viewer only to something like an st-client (screen/dtach)
> instance.

So st will include dtach/screen capabilities like detaching
and/or multi-terminal management and also be able to
run screen/dtach inside one of these views?