Re: [dwm] java 7 and dwm

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:15:18 +0100

2008/1/23, Renick Bell <renick_AT_gmail.com>:
> Yeah, obviously I don't really want to be using java. However, I use
> SuperCollider (http://supercollider.sourceforge.net/ ) to do realtime
> audio stuff. On Linux, SwingOSC is the only way to use GUI code
> written by people on Macs or Windows. To be able to play with other
> people's work, and for them to be able to use mine, I'm stuck with
> SwingOSC for the moment. I'd like to have an alternative (and may
> eventually write it myself), but in the meantime I still want to be
> able to play with that GUI code while using dwm.
>
> Icedtea seems like the most ethical choice, and it was already
> packaged as well. Too bad it doesn't seem to solve the issue. So,
> again, any suggestions?
>
> Renick

Maybe not a good solution and an off topic here, but if you want to
work with high quality sound you could have a look at jammin, ardour
and the other jack based stuff. It works great for me, it has no java
dependencies and no problems with dwm. Though I don't know
SuperCollider at all and I could be completely wrong.

hth,

--
- yiyus || JGL .