Re: [dwm] We need a different Xinerama implementation

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:21:18 +0100

My proposal about xinerama would be:
you have the same set of tags in each monitor, but you can have
selected a tag only in one monitor. So, if for example you have tag 2
selected in monitor a and you select tag 2 in monitor b it will be in
unselected in a. You would need the possibility of not having any
selected tag for this to work.
The obious problem: what if a window has more than one tag and it is
selected in two monitors? I think you could just put it in the first
monitor.
I don't have 2 monitors now, but when I did one of them was the main
one and the other some sort of secondary screen, so this would have
sense, but I'm not sure all you are using xinerama this same way.
Anyway, I don't have a strong opinion about this, I would need a
second monitor to test my ideas.
A proposal: what if you release some sort of 4.8 and we implement
different xinerama approachs and after some testing you decide which
one is better?

I'm glad to see some movement in dwm again.

Greets,

--
- yiyus || JGL .