Re: [dwm] A rather radical thought

From: Matthias Kirschner <mk_AT_fsfe.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:37:47 +0200

Hello Anselm,

I like what you outlined. But I have some questions.

* Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> [2008-04-02 16:11:54 +0200]:

> Initially there is 1 column, a new client is inserted below the
> currently selected window in the column, similiar to the stack
> in tiled layout.

If I open a new window, it would be more handy for me if the default is
to open it in a new column. Because for most programs I use it is more
important to see more of the vertical than the horizontal part (e.g. ls,
editing text). If the default is to open a new "row" that would be a
waste of place (even on my 12" screen). This was the reason for me not
to use wmii.

So I would like to know what the reason is for the default "open in the
same column in row" is. (Perhaps I can improve my way of working :) .)

Perhaps it is possible to have the option between those two ways?

And two more questions:
- would there be no maximise / monocle?
- would there be no floating?

Thanks,