Re: [dwm] fgeom patch

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:18:11 +0200

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 07:41:53PM +0200, yy wrote:
> As discussed before, this is the patch with the floating geometry
> functionality. I removed some loc in restack, but I had to add more in
> other places to correctly manage mouse actions when in monocle layout

I like the restack() simplification.

> (isn't a bug the current possibility of moving and resizing windows
> while in monocle layout?).

I'd like to keep mouse manipulations dependend on
lt->isfloating, instead of performing a hardcoded floating
layout check.

> Basically, the patch makes dwm to remember floating geometries when
> you change to tiled or monocle layout.
> I'm not sure about setting fx and fy on tileresize(), but note that if
> you don't do it you will need to add them in movemouse() and
> resizemouse() before togglefloating().

Hmm I don't think that tileresize is the right place for setting
fx, and fy. Instead fx/fy/fw/fh should be used depending on
lt->isfloating in resize and the layout itself, that's why I'd
consider doing the following in struct Client:

typdef struct {
        int x[2], y[2], w[2], h[2];
} Client;

#define BOOLTOIDX(x) (x) ? 1 : 0

And then in resize:

        c->x[BOOLTOIDX(lt->isfloating || c->isfloating)] = x;

etc.

Kind regards,