[dwm] Float/Maximize Problem

From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin_AT_RawFedDogs.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:11:32 -0500 (CDT)

DWM Fans,

Being relatively new to DWM I'm not sure if this is an actual problem or
if perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I prefer to run most things,
Firefox, terminal emulator, etc., maximized and a few things such as xv
non-maximized and floated. I think the floating layout might be best for
my preferences but am open to other suggestions. If I hit Mod1-m, which
the man page says should toggle the focused window between maximization
and normal state, all windows get maximized instead of just the focused
window. And, any new windows that open, such as a Firefox login dialog
window for example, also get maximized. If I hit Mod-m again all windows
are switched to normal state. My config.h file has:

   { MODKEY, XK_m, togglemax, {0}},

I'm running hg tip (1266) with the kbmvresize.patch patch posted earlier
today applied. I have almost everything in DWM working as I'd like except
for the above mentioned maximize behavior. Am I doing something wrong or
is this a problem with DWM itself?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org