Re: [dwm] Border on fullscreen WINE apps and tag masks

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:28:09 +0000

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:13:09PM -0700, Alex Matviychuk wrote:
> Thanks for the great explanation. The masking bit makes sense now,
> however, I'm still having trouble with the behavior.
>
> xprop reads as follows:
>
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "stalonetray", "stalonetray"
>
> In my config.def.h, I have this:
>
> /* tagging */
> static const char tags[][MAXTAGLEN] = { "main", "web", "tmp", "sys" };
>
> static Rule rules[] = {
> /* class instance title tags mask
> isfloating */
> { "stalonetray", NULL, NULL, 1 << 3, True },
> };

Hmm, try

         { NULL, "stalonetray", NULL, 1 << 3, True },

instead.

> I tested some more and I get the border in float layout and float
> layout+maximized. In float layout I have found that I can click drag
> the app to hide the border by moving it up and to the left 1 pixel.
> This is kind of a cumbersome process and the window seems to reset to
> the offset position with a border around it whenever the game reloads
> a level and the window refreshes.
>
> I've resorted to firing up twm for my gaming, haha. I'm thinking of
> compiling a dwm with borders set to 0 and running that version for
> games... again not the most elegent strategy, but I do like a border
> around my normal daily apps.

Please try attached patch for hg tip, if it fixes the issue for
you, or change the similiar line in manage() of your version
accordingly to recheck. It is very likely that WINE is b0rken.
It might request border_width==1 on creation.

Kind regards,
Anselm