Re: [dwm] Asustek EEE PC 1000 Atom 1GB 40G SSD Linux Black

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:22:00 -0500

I have a string of thinkpads. The newest model I have is a T43, and
after my wife brought home an X41 on loan from her employer I
considered buying one. Sure, you can get a used x-series for not much
money, but I bought an Acer Aspire One[1] for $300 -- and it's under
warranty, I don't have to worry about replacing the worn-out battery,
and all the other things that come with a new computer instead of a
used one.

dwm works just fine on 1024x600 -- I don't understand the people who
complain about screen size. I use the same font I used on my 124 dpi
T43[2] and I have no problems.

Anyway, it's (as usual) a matter of personal preference, but this
machine is much smaller, lighter, and easier to carry around all day
than an X41. I can only assume that calling these machines "toys" is
a deliberate troll. Nobody's claiming that netbooks are desktop
replacements, but not all of us want to lug a 19" laptop around
everywhere we go. A computer's a computer.

# Kurt H Maier