Re: [dwm] what about 'st'?

From: Donald Chai <donald.chai_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:52:26 -0700

> I have found something quite useful when working with lot of terminals
> that is having different background colors depending on the task they
> are designed to be. But currently i just change the background
> color of
> vim and use this to differentiate them. another stuff would be like
> changing the background color of the terminal depending on the focus.

I also like when my display looks like farmland when viewed from
above. :)

> I see no terminal able to do this in a simple way.

rxvt-unicode does this in a simple way. Look for resources 'fading'
and 'fadeColor'.

Unfortunately, XGrabKey(board) generates FocusOut and FocusIn events.
If your mouse pointer is over window A, and you switch between
windows B and C, window A will briefly change its background color
like a visual bell (argh). The only workaround I can think of is to
park the pointer over the statusbar when not in use. :(