Re: [dwm] dwm on tablet pc

From: <joten_AT_freenet.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:32:49 +0100

> Try dwm-gtx. Onscreenkeyboards should work with it. :)
Thanks for the hint. I tried your version of dwm, and cellwriter works.
What is the essential part for this to work?

Getting cw to work is the first step. I also tried the mouse
actions for the bar, which are already implemented in dwm, but
especially those with MODKEY do not work in conjunction with cw. There
would still be much work to do regarding a clickable bar and of course
a clickable version of dmenu for application launching.

@yy: Emulating a 5 buttons mouse would only be possible by implementing
onscreen buttons, I think, causing a similar amount of work.

I am not a c programmer - writing a small patch is possible, but not
more - I am more a "script kiddie" ;-) Atm I am using openbox and
fbpanel, but I am missing dynamic tiling. Of course there are "tile"
and "whaw", but they are not sufficient for me. I will try to get it
working with devilspie executing a perl script and issuing wmctrl.

Kind regards, joten