Re: [dwm] dwm's future

From: Guillaume Quintin <coincoin169g_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 05:15:59 +0200

Hi,

I never look at the windows titles. I only look at the tags in the
status bar. So for me, this font rendering problem is less important
than this problem : handling several monitors. I agree with Mate Nagy
about dwm handling correctly several monitors. My point of view is that
we should have Client *clients[NUMBER_OF_MONITORS] and manage each
monitor independantly. But we should be able to move a window from a
monitor to another and alsa an entire tag.

I agree with Jeremy Jay about a system of plugins... So that dwm stay
very simple and one can build a nice status bar with cairo or pango
dependencies if he wants. Why not implement this ?

--
Kind regards
Guillaume Quintin