[hackers] [st] startup options

From: Rashad Kanavath <mohammedrashadkm_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:38:22 +0100

Hello,
I am fairly new to suckless community. I was using dwm for an year. But now
I started using st and surf. So I hope my newbie question will be well
answered.

According to the FAQ page[1], I should use screen or tmux to enable
scrolling. Now I had compiled and installed st on my dwm window manager.

Scrolling is important for me and especially the ability to scroll while
its printing console at the same time.

There is patch to enable scrolling in st [2]. Is it important to apply this
patch if I use tmux.?

The issue I had using st+tmux or screen is that,
I need to run the command every time.

 `st -e tmux` using C-b [

Is there anyway I can run st with tmux or screen by default without the
scroll patch in[2] ?

I don't like the scrolling experience I had with the scrollback patch.

http://st.suckless.org/patches/scrollback

[1] http://git.suckless.org/st/tree/FAQ
[2] http://st.suckless.org/patches/scrollback

--