Re: [hackers] issues with 6.1 and single_taglist

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 08:59:43 +0100

Hi

Since there is no patch attached this should probably go to the dev_AT_
mailing list.

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:22 AM, Allan Lindsay
<allan.lindsay01_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> downloaded stock 6.1. same rejection problem - in each case, the last chunk.
> looked at the two diffs offered by the 'clean_patches' github, same problem.
> (well, one had the identical problem, the other broke on almost everything.)

Definitely sounds like the patch is just too old and nobody has
bothered to update it.

> am fairly familiar with c, and messed around with my dwm.c for a couple of
> hours, but only once did i pass 'make', and then that was really, really
> broken.

The best thing to do would probably be to post links to the patches,
the changes that you made and the errors that you got (failed chunks,
compilation errors, etc.) . That would remove the first barriers for
people that are on the fence about investing time looking into this
issue.

There won't be a magic fix. Somebody will have to sit down and adjust
the patch to make it work (if that is still possible without
completely rewriting everything). If you don't do it, maybe nobody
else will...

Cheers,

Silvan