Re: [wmii] snap 20051031

From: Bartosz Trudnowski <hrr888_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:48:39 +0100

2005/10/31, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 03:33:28PM +0100, Tobias Walkowiak wrote:
> > hi garbeam, some remarks on the latest snap
>
> hi loyal long-time wmi(i)-user!
>
> > - you seem to get rid of the little overheaded scripts and key events
> > are defined in wmirc. that is good! and i hope you intend to keep
> > it!?!?
>
> YES, we want at least actions as possible and only those who are
> absolutely necessary.

I can understand that. But selecting actions from actions menu is very
comfortable. Especially those not so often used. I'm not insist on
scripts - only for action names in menu.

Beside that, I found that for me is more handy to have one shortcut
for locking and unlocking frames. I wrote script, that toggles lock
state of selected frame, and bind it to $MODKEY+u:

!/usr/local/9/bin/rc
# toggle frame lock
lock=`{wmir read /wm/page/sel/mode/sel/locked}
wmir write /wm/page/sel/mode/sel/locked `{echo $"lock^' 1-_1*p'|dc}

I also create config, which make visual change for unlocked frames
(font/color). I use unlocking quite often at work (not so big screen
and huge number of terminals), so I wanted to know what happen to
newly created window. Unfortunately that config is unusable with
current snapshot, so - if any one interested - I post it after
rewrite.

[...]
> > ok, thats it for now. i let myself surprise about the stability of the
> > wmibar ;)
>
> The prototypical bar code is about 150 LOC reduced as well.

Are meters gone forever?

Shortcuts for pages seems stop working in pager.

Anyway - good work.

hrr