Re: [wmii] snap 20051031

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:57:30 +0100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 09:48:39PM +0100, Bartosz Trudnowski wrote:
> 2005/10/31, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>:
> > YES, we want at least actions as possible and only those who are
> > absolutely necessary.
>
> I can understand that. But selecting actions from actions menu is very
> comfortable. Especially those not so often used. I'm not insist on
> scripts - only for action names in menu.

wmimenu is capable to hold entries as follows ie:

wmir create /menu/items/actions/newpage 'wmir write /wm/ctl new'

[...]

> > The prototypical bar code is about 150 LOC reduced as well.
> >
> Are meters gone forever?

No, but they will be done with some magic syntax in the future,
because they are a data representation detail, ie:

wmir write /bar/5/data '%m60'

> Shortcuts for pages seems stop working in pager.

Yes, that is a drawback of the fix, that no window will popup
while in pager or icons mode, I think about a way to allow page
selection, maybe with simple key presses [1..9..p]

Regards,