Re: [wmii] new snap: 20051215

From: Jani H. Lahtinen <jani.h.lahtinen_AT_nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:37:45 +0200

ext Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>long awaited, a new snap: http://wmii.de/snaps/wmii-20051215.tar.gz

I took the liberty of changing the link 20051115 -> 20051215 in the
wiki. I guess you should not be writing in the middle of the night :-)

>Other notes:
>
>- The indexes begin at 0 now, not at 1. This is just taste, but
> I like it.

The problem is that when I navigate between the desktops with
mod+S+[num] with less than 10 desks the key to the first desk is far on
the right and the rest are on the left. Can I change this back somewhere?

>KNOWN BUGS:
>This is experimental software, don't expect production ready
>quality, though the stability is mich higher than wmii-1.

Noo, it seems quite unstable. Sometimes it changes automatically to
float mode (when using firefox or openoffice) and trying to get back to
column crashes the wm.

I had some ideas of layouts and keyhandling, but I have been a bit lazy
and waiting for wmii-3 to stablise before coding. I was thinking of
getting fluxbox-like keychains and a bit more ways of cycling through
the frames and desktops. Perhaps some popup menus.

Jani