Re: [wmii] Stacks

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 02:57:30 +0100

The Sort command in acme is quite handy for this, and also use columns
to group related windows.

I still think that no GUI will ever scale well to a extremely high
number of elements (eg., >100), but stacks of tag bars scale much more
and better than tabs ever will.

A solution is (once more) a textual interface with a specialized
language, see the sam language which has various operations to iterate
over sets of files making managing huge amounts of files much more
practical.

Still acme stacks are the best compromise I can think of for a window manager.

(Also if your project has more than a dozen files, you are probably
doing something wrong, if there are more than 30 files you have to
edit at one given time, something is seriously wrong)

uriel