Re: [wmii] sh flame with Uriel

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 02:47:07 +0100

> I'm pretty sure most users have the gnu utilities installed anyway.
> If they don't, they're probably running LFS or something, but those
> are edge cases. In this regard I agree 100% with Anselm. If
> plan9port was more 'standard' on Linux systems
If you haven't noticed, there are more operating systems than Linux, most of
which don't include GNU utilities by default (and the ones that do are
trying to get rid of that crap as soon as possible.)

> this would be a
> non-issue, but as it stands, requiring some 20-40MB chunk of binaries
> just so I can run a "lightweight" window manager is missing the point,
> I think.
Before making such completely baseless comments and pulling random
numbers out of thin air, please inform yourself of what this
discussion is about.

And thanks to everyone else that commented about tabs in this thread
for showing once more lusers have no clue what is good for them or for
anyone.

If we had listened to lusers, wmii would still be the hideous
abomination that wmi was, and probably much worse by now.

"Alles Grosse und Gescheite existiert in der Minoritaet. Es ist nie daran zu
denken, dass die Vernunft populaer werde. Leidenschaft und Gefuehle moegen
populaer werden, aber die Vernunft wird immer nur im Besitze einzelner
Vorzueglicher sein."

uriel