Re: [wmii] Re: sh flame with Uriel

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:14:42 +0100

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:47:04PM -0500, John Nowak wrote:
> My personal tab annoyance is having to use one key command to move
> through frames, and another to move through tabs. It also requires
> the ability to lock a frame, or a separate key command for tab
> creation and frame creation. (And even then, if a program spawns a
> new window, does it show up as a tab or a frame?) If these new things
> act like collapsed frames instead of something else entirely, it
> should make for a more usable system. Not to mention that the title
> text will actually all fit on the screen...

ACK

> I also want to point out that I 100% support uriel and his argument
> that if he always listened to users, wmii would be a pile of shit by
> now. Democracy is imparative in national government as you don't get
> to pick from a variety of governments. You're stuck with the one
> you've got in your county. Better a bunch of small idiots than one
> big idiots. However, with software, you can pick from all sorts of
> democratic projects and enlightened monarchs. I'll take an
> enlightened monarch -- a single person who can develop a coheseive
> system the "right way" -- than a gaggle of rulers any day. Perhaps
> I'm just pessimistic, but I'm happy to see someone standing firm on
> the issues they deem critical.

In general I agree, but as often, Uriel seems impossible to
differentiate listening from deciding.

There is a difference between listening and deciding. A perfect
dictator _listens_ to his nation, but is independent enough to
_decide_ differently to what the majority requests. This project
is *not* democratic and will never be. Then I would quit my job.

But in contrast to Uriel, I listen to other opinions regardless
what I decide. Uriel won't listen if the opinion does not match
his basic ideology: Plan 9 (good) !Plan 9 (crap)

Regards,