Re: [wmii] looking for a "battery status.sh" - pls help

From: Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson_AT_anu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 01:02:03 +1100

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 07:18:16PM -0500, John Nowak wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2006, at 6:42 PM, Jeffrey Lim wrote:

> >hi folks, as per subject. Anybody know how to do this with a simple
> >status.sh in wmii? I've searched through the lists, as well as wmii's
> >site, and only managed to uncover one solution,
> >http://wmii.de/index.php/Contrib/Szs3rd. But the problem with this is
> >that it looks kind of old, and is way too bulky or complicated for me.
> >Could anybody perhaps offer me a simpler solution, or point me in the
> >direction of one?

> >I dont need any bells and whistles - just something simple, that will
> >tell me the state of the battery ("AC charging", "battery"), as well
> >as the charge %.

> I have one that works on my Powerbook, but I doubt works with APM systems. On the off chance you want it, let me know.

I'm interested in this, too. I couldn't get my head around what
pbuttonsd was telling me in terms of time-to-run, so I installed the
apm-emulation module and just took the end of /proc/apm which tells me
battery percentage and time-to-run in minutes.

(On a PowerBook G4 15", if that's not clear...)

On the other hand, I liked Szs under wmi, but last time I looked at it
it was for wmii hg tip, so I decided to leave it until someone packages
it all together nicely for me as a .deb, since the current setup works
sufficiently. (Although I'd like a temperature output, since my laptop
keeps overheating and dying)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, BSc, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson_AT_Anu.edu.au
"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"
License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/