Re: [wmii] summary of some #wmii talk on 2006-03-02

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 03:35:03 -0500

On Mar 3, 2006, at 3:22 AM, Christian Simonutti wrote:

> I thought, wmii is dynamic. This statements don't form a dynamic
> windowmanager.
>
> Empty columns? Manually create/remove?

If that isn't dynamic, then I'd suggest no window manager will meet
your definition of dynamic. I think the notion that wmii is "dynamic"
is complete bunk to be honest. I have to deal with frames, locking/
unlocking of frames (at least in 2.5), switching between frames,
changing display modes, resizing (when something in my browser
doesn't fit), moving stuff between workspaces, et cetera. If
anything, wmii is more mental "work" than an overlapping manager,
which just consists of "this is in the way, I'll move it".

- John