Re: [wmii] veraenderter Modkey mit veraenderter Ctrl-Taste

From: Anthony Martin <ality_AT_pbrane.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 04:03:24 -0800

Sebastian Schenker <geteiltdurchnull_AT_web.de> once said:
> I have written the output of xev in order to prove that.
>
> asbest ~ # xmodmap
> xmodmap: up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):
>
> shift Shift_L (0x32), Shift_R (0x3e)
> control Control_L (0x25), Control_L (0x42) !!!!!
> mod1 Alt_L (0x40)
> [...]
>
> But wmii doesn't work with it.
> I have the both above mentioned ctrl-keys but I can only use the
> "normal" left (keycode 37) Control key for keybindings. (As far
> as I remember this kind of mapping worked with a former wmii-2
> version.)

Hmm, It works here. I have the Caps_Lock and Control_L keys both working
as Control in the latest wmii.

Here's the contents of my .xmodmap:

remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L
keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
add Control = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L

regards,
  ality

--
"The right to be left alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom."